Change your region Australia

Bookmark and Share Share
Posted Oct 23, 2008 9:09pm
Svw_close_large

I love Top gear but find the Australian version lame.  It's a little "try hard" and just does not cut it as far as I am concerned.  I see they have announced a second series.  Am I alone in this thought?

You must login to vote for or against this post.

Posted Oct 24, 2008 6:00pm
125_26010_crop_large

No, I'm with you there.  I don't think they've got the personalities right.  Instead of witty they went with annoying.

Posted Oct 28, 2008 11:18am
Asterix_large

Yes, it's not gone well for them.

I'm in another forum that focusses specifically on sports cars and driving in Australia. Surely their target audience. Each time the show runs the howls get a bit more shrill.

I stopped watching after the first episode betrayed the producers' intention to do little other than ape the UK format, charachters, scripts.. Last night's episode seems to have plumbed a new low though, and I'm going back to see if there's entertainment value in how BAD it is :-)

It's a shame. I'd like to see a local success come out of an Australian approach to this subject. People do like their cars - and we have some unique clubs/car cultures down here.

The Huntley Hill Climb is famous. Just a Sunday at Huntley is a real eye opener. People turn up with purpose built gear that with two engines and soft slicks.. That hill gets CLIMBED!

Posted 21 days ago
Default_user_large

I love the British Top Gear a little bit more, maybe because my husband prefers watching it :)

Posted 18 days ago
Default_user_large

As my cartoon hd is not working can anybody share some apps like cartoon HD

Join OurPatch, it's free

If it's in our community, it's in OurPatch. Join now – our free membership gives you all this:

• List your business
  • Add your community group
  • Review a business
  • Take part in blogs and forums
  • List your event

Advertise on OurPatch

Are you interested in advertising on OurPatch? Know what your options are. Request information on your advertising options.

Copyright OurPatch 2007-2019 [2.0] Rails 3.2.11