Change your region Australia

Bookmark and Share Share
Posted Dec 14, 2010 3:43pm
Zanna_large

I am not a huge drinker, but Christmas is always a time for indugling. This bring up the age old question- what is the best hangover cure?

You must login to vote for or against this post.

Posted Dec 14, 2010 4:49pm
Animated_me_large

A gallon of water before bed with a couple of asprin for me. But I warn that your sleep WILL be interrupted half way through with a much needed visit to the bathroom!

But here's what the doctors say..

Posted Dec 14, 2010 9:51pm
Skippy03_large

I have the best cure ever for a hangover.

Sleep it off. Do not get out of bed until you are sober, whatever how long it takes.

Fact of the matter is, that you can only get a hangover after you get out of bed. There are no hangover while you are sleeping it off. I have been using that trick for the past 20 years.

Posted Dec 15, 2010 12:48pm
Zanna_large

Have to agree with you, PatrickG. Nothing cures a hangover other than time, and hangover time is best spent in bed.
If I do have to get up, coffee and lots of it is the way to go.

Posted Dec 15, 2010 3:52pm
Skippy03_large

Have one or two glasses of water before getting into the coffee.

I usually have a glass of water and go back to sleep.

The coffee wakes you up but does not cure a hangover. It wakes you up so that you can feel the hangover better. lol

I rarely have hangovers. I decided some 30 years ago that they were not worth it. lol

Posted Dec 15, 2010 4:35pm
Zanna_large

yeah, it's not a cure at all. Like I said, the only cure is time. Coffee is just there to keep me functioning. I never actually get hangovers, though, because I rarely drink enough to get drunk. If I've been boozing at all, I drink water like there is no tomorrow. During the night, before I go to sleep and when I wake up. Litres of the stuff, because I feel dehydrated quickly.

Posted Dec 15, 2010 10:52pm
Default_user_large

Same here cbere. I don't drink much either... I drink bourbon. Only good stuff though. And it does matter.. Three drinks enhances my social skills, two more and im sick..So i only ever have three. Not drunk, no hangover and quite social..

Posted Apr 9, 2013 1:51am
Default_user_large

Hi,you can easily cure your hangover by taking some buttermilk.........

Posted 8 months ago
Default_user_large

Don't drink too much alcohol.  Try to drink water and alcohol alternately to keep you hydrated in other words drink moderately.  Take shower and a paracetamol to get rid of the hangover.  Eat banana, drink hot lemon juice with honey. Apply cold compress to ease your headache. Eat hot soup and toasted bread.  

Join OurPatch, it's free

If it's in our community, it's in OurPatch. Join now – our free membership gives you all this:

• List your business
  • Add your community group
  • Review a business
  • Take part in blogs and forums
  • List your event

Advertise on OurPatch

Are you interested in advertising on OurPatch? Know what your options are. Request information on your advertising options.

Copyright OurPatch 2007-2014 [2.0] Rails 3.2.11