Change your region Australia

Bookmark and Share Share
Posted Jul 2, 2008 7:54pm
S609414227_146950_8068_large Posted for Network Video Blayney: http://www.ourpatch.com.au/blayney/categories/dvd-video-rental/businesses/16958-network-video-blayney *Network reaches out to help Australia’s hungry* Hunger is our country’s hidden epidemic. Every year in Australia, two million people rely on food relief to survive from day to day – one million of these Australians are children. Every day one million children go to school without breakfast or to bed without dinner. This number is growing every year. Network Video,Blayney in partnership with Foodbank Australia St Vincent De Paul Blayney, has committed the entire month of July to a nation-wide food drive to raise not just awareness, but to raise food donations that offer practical relief to hungry Australians. Get your cans out this July ------------------------------------------------- What a fabulous idea! What ways are you and your business, or other businesses in your community, doing their bit for the community? Does it seem to you like businesses, especially regional and rural businesses, are a bit keener nowadays to pitch in with community welfare projects? Or have they always done it?

You must login to vote for or against this post.

Posted Jul 2, 2008 10:44pm
Ripple_effect_large

What a fantastic initiative by Network Video!  I've talked to Charlie at the Blayney Network Video and he said that the community is getting right behind it, even down to people bringing in food who don't even own a DVD or Video Player.  I think it's important to point out that Network Video gets absolutely nothing out of this in the way of monetary reward.  (But I know people like Charlie are amply rewarded by the knowledge that they are helping less fortunate people in their own community!). If someone brings in a can of food they get a free weekly DVD... Two cans of food and they get Three weekly DVD's... FOR FREE!  And all food collected by Network in Blayney goes to St Vinnies in Blayney to be distributed to the needy folk in winter.  Wouldn't it be great if more businesses could demonstrate this kind of generosity of spirit and creative thinking in regard to addresssing problems in their own community?  Well done Network Video!!!

Posted Jul 3, 2008 11:36am
Polar_bear_scott_schliebe_usfws_large

I think this is fantastic - well done Network Video for your community support.

I took my 16 year old daughter into Kings Cross on Sunday Morning and she helped me work in a Soup Kitchen distributing food to the less fortunate. We spent 5 hours there setting up the meals, buttering bread etc  and then  fed over 200 people in 1.5 hours. What an incredible cross section of the community she saw. She really enjoyed the experience and wants to do it more often. Now my younger kids are also wanting to do it. I am planning on making enquiries to see where we can help out on a monthly basis.

Has anyone any contacts or people they know of that need volunteers to help with this type of thing?

Posted 10 months ago
Default_user_large

This article is very helpful for me to improve the business.here describe clearly about the business.i got some new ideas about the business improvement.thanks  a lot for sharing this post.i hope you more useful post.  Painting Services Dubai

Posted about 1 month ago
Default_user_large

I'm glad to read this article from this forum. It is very good thank you.

Golden Slot 

Posted about 1 month ago
179_large

I agree with that.

Posted about 1 month ago
179_large

Having your own business is cool. You are your own boss + a lot of free time and good money. Business benefits the society. This is a free jobs. I have a business on the Internet. I have my own website mr. betI am my own boss. I like this. I pay taxes and don't hide from them.

Posted 16 days ago
12745896_1733769796839048_5169172569724985177_n_large

Having own business is a good, as by this you can earn your own. More over  you  can have your own decisions, ways to run the business is also a unique quality.

Join OurPatch, it's free

If it's in our community, it's in OurPatch. Join now – our free membership gives you all this:

• List your business
  • Add your community group
  • Review a business
  • Take part in blogs and forums
  • List your event

Advertise on OurPatch

Are you interested in advertising on OurPatch? Know what your options are. Request information on your advertising options.

Copyright OurPatch 2007-2018 [2.0] Rails 3.2.11